3/21/2011

30ish Days and Counting...

My mother's wedding draws nearer and nearer. We are nearly all prepared for it. Family are on their way, my mother has a new dress (will disclose in another post), we know what type of attire Madi and I will be in, we have the hooch, candles, cake, officiant, lights, photographer... Still a few big things to take care of, like food and snow removal. But we're getting there! Everyone is really excited.

Now that the major preparations for her wedding are taken care of, I get to fantasize more about mine.
I believe I once spoke of not being able to decide whether I'd like a romantic outdoor wedding, or if I'd like it to take place in some beautiful, archetectural masterpiece. I've found my happy medium! Kind of. No one's ever done it before, or if they have they haven't put up any pictures online for me build my idea upon. So this one's all me...
My last few posts have featured theater curtains in a foresty atmosphere, because of my obsession inspiration from Lemony Snickett's: Series of Unfortunate Events film. I'm still madly in love with this idea. It takes my original desired gypsy theme to a whole new level!Here's where my idea comes into play... All good stage plays have magnificent backdrops! Well, not ALL plays, but the ones that require good backdrops have them. My wedding will require a beautiful, ornate chapel backdrop! I know, I know. I can hardly contain my excitement as I type the idea.
I am thinking something not at all unlike this, then the curtains surrounding it. The officiant, my honey and I would be directly in front of the backdrop, and our attendants in front of the curtains. What really takes this idea to the next level is the pews we'll rent for the forest clearing.
It'll definitely take a bit of hardwork from the curtains and the painting/designing of the backdrop, but as I've learned with my mother's wedding: they're all hardwork. I, with out a doubt in my mind, am absolutely doing this for my wedding. There's nothing else I can imagine being more perfect.
image found on google
I know life is what happens when you are busy planning for something else, so I shouldn't say this is with out doubt what I'll do. I will say that FOR NOW this is with out doubt what I'll be doing though! If anything, the idea will just grow :)
Counting down the days til my future wedding... Love Alay

No comments:

Post a Comment