3/31/2011

True To Your Heart

As a child of the personalized wedding movement we've seen taking place for the past decade or so, I fully believe that the wedding planning procees is one for the COUPLE to go through together. Neither partner gets to choose every detail, they should be chosen together.
There are some things, though, that get to be chosen specifically for the partner.

I was brought to tears today by Dan Fogelberg's Longer. I'm not often brought to tears when fantasizing my wedding. Sure, I get really geeked up about some things. I might feel really strongly about some other things. But tears are only there when I think about how happy I'll be to be marrying my husband, whom I already love so much. I felt that when I heard this song again. I saw everything in my mind's eye... our family and friends all seated watching me make my way down the aisle from my periphial vision, felt the bouquet in my hands, the dress delicately brushing against the tops of my feet as I slowly proceeded down the aisle, heard this song's romantic chords playing, and saw the man of my dreams waiting for me with the biggest smile on his face and the tears just welled up as I beamed back at him.

In my dreaming and scheming, I often lose sight of just why my wedding is so important to me. Why it means more to me than anything else in the world; because of the outcome of my wedding. Getting to marry the man who means even more than my wedding.

If nothing else is specifically mine, this song will be... and my husband. That's all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment