7/20/2011

Marital Needs

I've been thinking a lot about my actual marriage lately, like the road after the wedding. I think that a lot of my needs and wants have changed. Before, I would talk about the idyll husband as if he was a check list. If he was missing just a few of the random qualities I presummed I wanted, he couldn't be "the one."
It's not that I've come any closer to being married, but I do think I've wisened up through my current relationship.
The most important thing I am seeking in a marriage, is to start a family through it. I want to be a wife and a mother. I want to have at least one child. If I never had any more than just the one, I could live happily ever after; but if I never had the one... I'd die heartbroken. So, for any man I choose to give my hand to, he must want children.
I've also learned that in a relationship, I need some space. I've always really enjoyed my me time. I like being a homebody sometimes, I don't always want to go out and do things. I've been in a long distance relationship, so me time has become a rare commodity. When I am not working or sleeping, I'm texting or talking to the guy I have been dating back in Florida. Because of the nature of my job, when I am off, I like to laze around and not do anything, including sometimes shower for a couple of days but let's keep that one under our hats, but he wants to see me on skype so I must shower to look even remotely presentable. I am hoping that once I make the move back to Florida in a couple of months, the me time I need becomes less rare.
I know that within a marriage, you live together. That makes me time even more rare. When the time comes though, I'm sure we could figure it out.
I guess that I'm becomming less idyllistic about the things I want. Marriage, to me, is no longer entirely about my other half. I'm taking into account some of the things I'll need from him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment