5/23/2011

Wavering

I really do, kind of, want a 4th of July wedding. I just can't get it out of my head lately. The thing is, every year when Memorial Day and the 4th start roling around I get in the gingham, summer fever where I want my wedding night to end with fireworks. (Uhm, that's what she said?) I can just see in my mind's eye everyone stopping and standing near their loved ones to look up and view the wonderful show.
The rest of the year I want my forresty, candle-lit, ramantic wedding.
It's a really tough decision, because they are both SO me. The thing with the 4th, Americana wedding is that I definitely want red white and blue, but I want to stay as far away from being kitschy as possible. Becuase that is SO NOT me. Corny, yes. Campy, no!
Another forseeable issue with the 4th wedding is that I'm extremely picky about the venue I'd like it at. I want it at a Victorian-esque manor on the water. I also would kind of like a whole weekend type thing. Which is gonna cost a LOT of money. I personally have no problem with spending a lot of money on my wedding, it's just that at this point in time, I don't have a lot of money to spend on my wedding. I can't really predict ever being able to spend that kind of money on my wedding.
Granted, a lot of the stuff could be diyed and I could not be so picky and just pick some cabins on a lake, which is a definite possibility but I'm just not 100% about heading down this Americana wedding road. I like where my other ideas were going, a lot. I would be really happy with that wedding.
... I could be just as happy with this one though.

No comments:

Post a Comment