4/08/2011

Progression

As my ideas keep expanding, in very defineable and do-able ways, you'd think I was really planning my wedding at the moment. Sometimes I'm really sad and upset that it's not happening for me yet. Then I have to remind myself that I am only 20 years old, and that God will make it happen for me when it is supposed to. I, admittedly, am not ready yet. I, however, can not say that I am nowhere near ready.

Today, I've two new "plans" for my wedding. One thing that I'd maybe like to do, another thing that would be spectacular.

I'm on the fence with doing a unity candle ceremony for my someday wedding. I like them, a lot, but I'm not quite sure about doing one myself. I want to do something really special and meaningful during the ceremony though. This idea that I read about today, almost really sells me on the uinity candles though. The bride and groom had the "congregation" take part in the ceremony, by starting with candles being lit in the very back, and spreading the flame to the front. They even had candles near the altar that represented the people who could not be present. The bride and grooms were then lit and yadda, yadda, yadda... I really like the "congregation" participation part. As you know, anything that makes you feel like an integrated element, and important guest, at a wedding really floats my boat. So yeah... the unity candle thing may be in the works someday.

The second idea involves my reception. I've been back and forth in my "vision" so much. Part of me just wants the post cocktail party with really fun food and great music. A real party! The other part of me wants the more traditional reception. Still with great food and music, but also with placecards and table settings. Again, it's the bridal Gemini condition I suffer from. Today I'm heavily leaning towards the more traditional side. Kind of. Most weddings (at least the ones I've been to or seen) has the standard multi table layout. I originally wanted that. However, after I found these lights, my desire changed. I want one long table, in a U shape. Groom and I in the center, everyone else spread out from there... The lights running along the entire table, with flowers and vases and candles. In my mind, it feels not unlike an old-school (circa 1450 perhaps?) royal banquet.

That's kind of the new undertone for my wedding. Things that feel old-world regal. Sort of like your stepping back in time, but still very modern and relevant (there won't be a bell sleeve anywhere in sight).
Well that's enough dreaming for today. Time to get ready for Hell work.

No comments:

Post a Comment